Friday, November 27, 2015

Capitalize That!

As I use voice-activated software to write emails, prayers, these stories and other forms of communication, I have to go back to edit so that what I have said is actually what is written. One of the most common edits required is that every pronoun that refers to God must be capitalized. Also, when I am hand writing in my journal or other communications, I find myself doing the same thing. I frequently extend the lines of from a y to make a Y. I also make the same adjustments on an h to make an H. The verbal command to perform this function in my software is, “Capitalize That!” Even when I am adjusting my hand written work, I hear that same command in my mind. It is very important to me that any reference to the Godhead is capitalized, even if no one will read what I have written but me.
The act of capitalizing names of God and pronouns referring to Him, is natural to me. God is far supreme and I want to acknowledge that. The capital letter is a form of respect and acknowledgment of just how much greater than anything or anyone else our God truly is. Sometimes I become so accustomed to capitalizing the H or Y, that I find myself mindlessly doing so when I am referring to a person or even worse, the enemy of my soul. In these instances, it is equally important to me to go back and change that capital letter to a lowercase. I must keep my perspective of everything where it belongs.
This habit must go far beyond the act of writing. In all things, we must truly acknowledge that God is supreme! The Lord God Almighty is bigger and stronger than anything we may face in life. This must be kept in the forefront of our eyes. “The Lord reigns, let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles and coastlands be glad!” (Psalm 97:1 AMP) He has overcome all. “[God] disarmed the principalities and powers that were ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in Him and in it [the cross].” (Colossians 2:15 AMP) Foremost is that God is beyond great! “Great is the Lord and highly to be praised; and His greatness is [so vast and deep as to be] unsearchable.” (Psalm 145:3 AMP) Capitalize that!
Besides being mighty in power, God is supreme in knowledge. “Great is our Lord and of great power; His understanding is inexhaustible and boundless.” (Psalm 147:5 AMP) He knows all and His wisdom is beyond man’s understanding. “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:8-9 AMP) We can always trust that He knows exactly what He is doing. Capitalize that!
 God has overcome the enemy and will take care of us. “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]” (John 16:33 AMP) He is always on our side and will defeat our enemies and overcome circumstances. “What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?]” (Romans 8:31 AMP) He is even bigger than our self-doubts or self-recriminations. “Whenever our hearts in [tormenting] self-accusation make us feel guilty and condemn us. [For we are in God's hands.] For He is above and greater than our consciences (our hearts), and He knows (perceives and understands) everything [nothing is hidden from Him].” (1 John 3:20 AMP) Capitalize that!
So how can we capitalize God in our lives when so many other things shout for our attention? We focus on Him and let everything else shrink. “When I view and consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained and established.” (Psalm 8:3 AMP) We also speak forth His praise. “O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. I sought (inquired of) the Lord and required Him [of necessity and on the authority of His Word], and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.” (Psalm 34:3-4 AMP) We consider, we praise and we consciously continue to set our focus on God and His ways. “And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth.” (Colossians 3:2 AMP)
 In every area of life capitalize God in your thoughts, your words and all you do! Capitalize Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment