Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Can You Hear His Song? (8/29/14)

Using my husband’s computer while mine was not working, I discovered that he often uses headphones to listen to music or Internet shows while doing other things on his laptop. I was searching the web for a song that has been running through my mind. I opened a version to see if it was the tune that I was looking for. As the selection began to play, nothing could be heard. Checking the volume setting, I found it was turned up but still could not hear the song that accompanied the video on the screen. Then I looked down and discovered that headphones have been connected. Because the computer table has a little pocket just beneath that connection port, the headphones were not obvious. They were neatly tucked in the pocket with only a small length of wire reaching to the computer. I disconnected the headphones long enough to listen and ensure that the song was the one I have been seeking. I then replaced the headphones so that it would be ready for my husband when he next used his computer.
I had not closed the website but left the selection to play out assuming that it will shut off at the end of the song. Going about my business which led me in and out of the den, I thought that I could hear the traces of music but was uncertain as to the source. With the back door open it could have been a neighbor enjoying the beautiful day outside. But as I neared the door the strains of music faded rather than becoming louder. Walking back near the computer desk I found the source. The website I had visited had not stopped playing after the song I had selected. It had continued playing other tunes by the same band as well as tunes from another band with a similar music style. This had gone on for about 20 minutes without my being aware of the music coming into my home.
As I laughed at you myself for this oversight, I thought of how God’s tune is always playing and we can easily be unaware of its constant presence. Despite our inattention, God’s presence is always with His children.   The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction]and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17 AMP) God our Father has chosen to live in us. He is singing over us continually and His song brings great joy.
Angels are continually crying out in the presence of God. Of a vision Isaiah wrote. “And one cried to another and said, Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory!” (Isaiah 6:3 AMP) We have evidence of angels joyfully crying out from Jesus birth to His yet to come to return. “Then suddenly there appeared with the angel an army of the troops of heaven (a heavenly knighthood), praising God and saying, Glory to God in the highest [heaven], and on earth peace among men with whom He is well pleased [men of goodwill, of His favor]. (Luke 2:13-14 AMP) They announced His birth and will fall at His feet before the throne. “Then I looked, and I heard the voices of many angels on every side of the throne and of the living creatures and the elders [of the heavenly Sanhedrin], and they numbered ten thousand times ten thousand and thousands of thousands, Saying in a loud voice, Deserving is the Lamb, Who was sacrificed, to receive all the power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and majesty (glory, splendor) and blessing!” (Revelation 5:11-12 AMP)
All we must do is listen with our hearts. There is song all around us. Our spirits are longing to join in. As we remain aware of God’s presence, we will become aware of the song and wish to sing along. “And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord.”  (Psalm 40:3 AMP)

So, wait no longer! Listen up. Hear the beautiful strains of heaven’s song and join in. As a contemporary chorus says, “Turn it up, this sound of praise. Make it louder than any other.” Join your voice in a raucous song of praise to our mighty God.

No comments:

Post a Comment