Friday, July 3, 2015

Illustrated Instructions Available

Recently an ink cartridge in my printer ran out of ink. I had asked my husband to replace it because he and my son had replaced the prior ones and I was unsure how the process worked. Other commitments that day had prevented him from changing the cartridge. When I attempted to use the printer the following day, I found that the “change cartridge soon” had now become “change cartridge now” and the printer would not work until action was taken.
 Changing the cartridge itself did not appear to be extremely difficult. The problem I encountered was that I was totally unable to comprehend how to open the printer to reach the cartridge holder. I felt around the sides, front, top and everywhere I could think of to no avail. I found no apparent way to open it. It is a newer printer. I was perfectly capable of exchanging the cartridges in the old printer. It was simply the unfamiliarity of this machine that had me at a loss. I began pushing buttons on the help screen and still had not found directions for changing the cartridge. Becoming frustrated, I tried one more arrow. This arrow took me not only to directions to change the cartridge but also to a video that illustrated the entire process in. It showed how to open the door on the machine, release the used cartridge, and install the new one. It could not have been simpler once I looked in the right place.
We often find ourselves in similar situations in life. Seasons change and like my new printer, things are now different. They can be unfamiliar and difficult to understand. At times like this it is not inappropriate to turn to a trusted friend for help. Rather than allowing this friend to do things for us, it is better to learn from his/her expertise. A mature believer can lead us to spiritual principles and God’s wisdom, but we must learn to follow God on our own.
Sometimes assistance is not available from people. We need to know where to go to get the knowledge we require. God's Word is an instruction manual for everything we need in this life. He provides not only the instructions, but also illustrates the steps we are to take. Jesus told parables to give pictures of spiritual principles. Throughout the Old and New Testament, prophets and teachers have also used pictures to relate God’s plan. The Scriptures are an illustrated guide book intended to make God’s will understandable to man.
In a new season of life we must know exactly where to go to find the instructions for the next step. God's Word is always where we need to look. If we continue to pursue His wisdom, the Holy Spirit will direct us to the exact picture that we need. “I [the Lord] will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.” (Psalm 32:8 AMP) God reveals Himself to us through His Word and by the Holy Spirit. “But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].” (John 16:13 AMP)
When things appear to be dark, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:105 AMP) Scripture provides direction to those who search for it. “Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13 AMP) Scripture will lead us to Jesus who is the door. “So Jesus said again, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that I Myself am the Door for the sheep.” (John 10:7 AMP) We can release the old. “Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old.” (Isaiah 43:18 AMP) And learn to walk in a new plan of God. “Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” (Isaiah 43:19 AMP)

When life becomes confusing look for your direction in God’s Word. You will find the way to proceed in all of your decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment