Wednesday, September 9, 2015

When You Are Hurt

I recently injured my right wrist. It’s not serious, but certain movements combined with pressure can cause some pretty intense pain. I am currently wearing a lightweight brace that limits the movements and takes pressure off the injured area. This has helped a lot and healing should be complete in several weeks.
Daily activities have been affected by this injury. There are so many things that I do on a regular basis that require the use of my right hand. Some people are ambidextrous, but I am most decidedly right-handed. Attempting normal activities has been a challenge. Simple things like stirring a sauce or fixing my hair have become quite awkward. I try to use my left hand which is considerably inadequate for these tasks. Attempting to use my right hand, with its limited mobility, has proved to be quite clumsy. It has been both humorous and frustrating at times.
Total rest of my arm, including my hand, would be the best course of action to speed healing. Unfortunately I find myself incapable of doing this. Some activity is essential. Other things that I attempt could be left to someone else or for a later time. My husband, son and friends are all willing to help as needed. Yet I continue to perform these tasks without considering the consequences until I feel pain. It is difficult for me to sit back and rest, when I feel I should be doing something even if I am not at my best.
Many of us walk around with spiritual and emotional wounds that have not been allowed to heal. We attempt to go about our daily activities as if nothing is wrong. We adjust our behaviors to hide the pain, but the results of our attempts is partial at best. We are wounded and incapable of getting our best. Yet we continue on.
We must allow the Lord to do His healing work in us. From a place of healing and wholeness we will again be effective. Jesus calls out, inviting us to come to receive healing from Him. “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]” (Matthew 11:28 AMP) From Him we gain all that we need. “For in Him the whole fullness of Deity (the Godhead) continues to dwell in bodily form [giving complete expression of the divine nature]. And you are in Him, made full and having come to fullness of life [in Christ you too are filled with the Godhead—Father, Son and Holy Spirit—and reach full spiritual stature]. And He is the Head of all rule and authority [of every angelic principality and power].” (Colossians 2:9-10 AMP) When reach out to and remain in Jesus we will receive wholeness.
In God, we have these great promises of healing for our souls. “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds [curing their pains and their sorrows].” (Psalm 147:3 AMP) When we have been hurt by harsh words or difficult situations we can trust God to care for us. “For I will restore health to you, and I will heal your wounds, says the Lord, because they have called you an outcast,” (Jeremiah 30:17 AMP) We can go from pain to peace and joy because, “You have turned my mourning into dancing for me; You have put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,” (Psalm 30:11 AMP)  
We have the responsibility to bring all of our hurts to the Lord. “Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.” (1 Peter 5:7 AMP) We must also trust the Lord to heal our hearts. “Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me?” Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and my God.” (Psalm 42:5 AMP)
Our loving, Heavenly Father has given us His word. “This is my comfort and consolation in my affliction: that Your word has revived me and given me life.” (Psalm 119:50 AMP) When we spend time in and believe the Scriptures we grow in understanding. “And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude]” (Ephesians 4:23 AMP) With this fresh new attitude, we will be ready to serve.
When physically hurt we cannot perform all of our regular tasks. When emotionally hurt we cannot function properly either. Both require rest and restoration. We must rest our bodies and allow our souls to be revived. We will then be ready to again give our all effectively.
If you are hurting emotionally, run to your Heavenly Father and receive healing from His word. You will be refreshed, restored and ready to move forward in strength and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment