Monday, August 1, 2016

Always Close

While recovering from a serious injury, simply getting around by oneself can be difficult. Although my leg is still totally immobilized at this point, through therapy and some training I am able to hop around the den of my home with the assistance of my walker. For most other things I require a helping hand from my husband.
When I attempt something that is a little more challenging, I want David nearby. Even if it is hopping over a barrier that is only a few inches high, I want him close enough to be able to grab me if I begin to lose my balance. When I ascend a few stairs, David is right behind me ready to reach out and help if I misstep. When I move from bed to chair I simply want him near enough to hear me when I call.
Life with the Lord, Jesus is very much the same way. In everything that comes our way, we can take great comfort knowing that God is nearby whenever we call. “The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him sincerely and in truth.” (Psalm 145:18 AMP)
God always hears our cries. “With my voice I cry to the Lord, and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!” (Psalm 3:4 AMP) God not only hears, He answers. “In my distress I cried to the Lord, and He answered me.” (Psalm 120:1 AMP) Jesus promised, “I am with you all the days (perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. Amen (so let it be).” (Matthew 28:20 AMP) He will always be with us.
 When we are in need we can be assured that God will supply. His hand is always there when we need Him. “Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened at all, that it cannot save, nor His ear dull with deafness, that it cannot hear.” (Isaiah 59:1 AMP) Because of this we have no need to fear any challenge. “Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” (Isaiah 41:10 AMP) He always holds us up.
When things become difficult and we feel the weight of life crushing us, we can remain confident in God’s presence and aid. Even when the difficulty is due to our own sinful actions, He will remain faithful to help us. “The Lord is close to those who are of a broken heart and saves such as are crushed with sorrow for sin and are humbly and thoroughly penitent.” (Psalm 34:18 AMP) Nothing, not even our own actions, can separate us from Him. Even from prison the apostle Paul wrote, “For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39 AMP)
Understanding these truths we can, “Be strong, courageous, and firm; fear not nor be in terror before them, for it is the Lord your God Who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6 AMP) We can trust in the nearness of God at all times. And we can follow the directive of James. “Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].” (James 4:8 AMP)
 We have every reason to trust the nearness and provision of God at all times. Whether the task ahead is an everyday task or something beyond our ability to comprehend, God will stretch out His hand and care for His children.
Call upon the Lord in your need and confidently wait as His hand comes to rescue you. He will guide you in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment