Monday, January 23, 2017

Superman 1 - He Always Hears

A mild-mannered Clark Kent goes about his days working as a reporter. Things are business as usual at the newspaper office. Unbeknownst to anyone else, a cry comes from the distance. “Help, Superman, help!” The only ears that hear this faraway cry are those of Clark, the incognito Superman. Activity continues uninterrupted at the newspaper office where no one is aware of the cry. Yet immediately, Clark excuses himself from the everyday, ordinary routine and springs into action. Superman, traveling faster than a speeding bullet, appears on scene to assist the one in need.
When we call upon the Lord in our times of need, He hears no matter where we are or what is going on around us. Throughout the activity and business of the world, the Lord hears and is ready to help us. And call on Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall honor and glorify Me.” (Psalm 50:15 AMP) God will protect, deliver and provide for His children. For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter; in the secret place of His tent will He hide me; He will set me high upon a rock.” (Psalm 27:5 AMP) The Lord provides whatever is needed at the current time.
When confused and unsure of the next step to take, we can call on Him for wisdom and guidance. Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand).” (Jeremiah 33:3 AMP) When we need forgiveness He is ready to respond to us. For You, O Lord, are good, and ready to forgive [our trespasses, sending them away, letting them go completely and forever]; and You are abundant in mercy and loving-kindness to all those who call upon You.” (Psalm 86:5 AMP) When we have a need we can call on Him in prayer knowing that He will not only provide for our need, but He will also give us peace. Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7 AMP)
The stories of Superman, whether comic book television show or movie, are filled with scenarios of people crying out for his help. He does not hesitate to come when called, regardless of who is calling. He is willing and ready to help any in need who call out to him. Yet, when the voice that calls out is that of Lois Lane, the woman he loves, his response is even more intense. He knows her voice and his heart longs to save her speedily.
The Lord is also ready to respond to all who call on Him. “The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him sincerely and in truth.”  (Psalm 145:18 AMP) Whoever and wherever we are God is waiting to respond to us when we call out in faith. Scripture also tells us that the Lord knows the sound of His follower’s voices. “I am the Good Shepherd; and I know and recognize My own, and My own know and recognize Me.” (John 10:14 AMP) He is ready to reach out to us with amazing compassion. “As a father loves and pities his children, so the Lord loves and pities those who fear Him [with reverence, worship, and awe].” (Psalm 103:13 AMP) With the wisdom of an all-knowing father, God will receive and care for His children.
The response of all who were rescued should always be gratitude. We should be filled with the great awareness that God hears our cries regardless of how dark the situation becomes. He is never too far away to hear. “In my distress [when seemingly closed in] I called upon the Lord and cried to my God; He heard my voice out of His temple (heavenly dwelling place), and my cry came before Him, into His [very] ears.” (Psalm 18:6 AMP) Our response will become praise and thankfulness that leads to love. “I love the Lord, because He has heard [and now hears] my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live.” (Psalm 116:1-2 AMP)
 So how will you respond in a time of trouble? Wherever you are, you can call upon the Lord and He will hear you. “As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord will save me.” Psalm 55:16 (AMP)

No comments:

Post a Comment