Friday, April 11, 2014

See the Miracle Happen?


(For the back story to this post see "Note to my readers", "He knows Where You Are!" and “Do Not Be Led By What You Feel and See” April 6,7&9, 2014)
In many ways, this time in my life reminds me of the Israelites leaving Egypt; starting with the plague of death and going on through the Red Sea and into the desert. I shared just how close to death I was and awaking with a ‘knowing’ that I chose to live. I believe that when I chose to go on living here on earth, God spoke to death and said, “Let her go!” I sense it was the same tone of voice with which Moses related God’s message to Pharaoh when he said, “Let my people go!” The miraculous recovery over the next few days was like the joyous exit of the Israelites. My homecoming was full of excitement and amazement at God’s goodness. I was on a new journey. Then I arrived at an obstacle similar to the wall of the Red Sea. All of the unexplained symptoms and baffled doctors seem to be impassable. Connected to these were financial problems resulting not only from medical costs, but from losing my business as well. (I had operated a small business that provided enough income for me to live on, but could not pay someone to run day-to-day operations while I recuperated.) When I looked at that wall of opposition, it appeared pretty impassable. It seemed that daily, more difficulties were attempting to take me. I felt like death was still reaching out to me.I was reading the portion of Scripture that describes the Israelites arriving at the Red Sea. (see Exodus 14) I contemplated all the mounting problems as the Israelites contemplated the chariots coming up behind them. At this point I received a message directly to my heart. This message carried me through the rest of my struggles and has carried me through many struggles since.God spoke to my heart that all the Israelites walked through the parted Red Sea. But the Israelites that were grumbling and complaining with their neighbors did not see it part. Only those who looked with hopeful expectation saw the miracle of the parting. Like the Israelites, God had a plan for my deliverance. I would walk through his plan, but my attitude would choose whether I saw his miraculous hand move or not. At that point, I got joyful real quick. As the surmounting bad news came from the medical professionals, I was able to choose to look for God’s miracle that was surely coming. This did not prevent all the sad or discouraging times. It gave me the strength to pull back and choose hope over despair, praise over complaint and most of all, trust.There are great examples from Scripture of people who rejoiced in the midst of devastating times. King Jehoshaphat sent out the singers for one of the greatest battles he would face.  Instead of fighting they sang praise to God, and God confused their enemies. (See second Chronicles 20) Saul and Barnabas sat chained in a prison singing praises to Almighty God, and the doors broke open and their chains fell off. (See Acts 16)  And the greatest example of a man who praised God through hard times is King David. He wrote many of the Psalms while he was hiding in caves as men attempted to take his life. The entire book of Psalms is a great place to be encouraged just how big and good God is.  The cry of David’s heart through both hard times and good can be summed up with, “ will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.(Psalm 34:1AMP)We go through situations throughout our lives. We may know deep in our heart that God has planned for all and that His plan is for good. “We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose. (Romans 8:28 Amp)  This had been a verse people quoted when something went wrong. Now it was a real assurance of the good to come out of the trial. Even in these tough times I can pick up and sing out some of the next few lines of David’s hearts cry, My life makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble and afflicted hear and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. (Psalm 34 2-3 AMP)As I look back on this time in my life, it is easy to focus on the miraculous outcome of full restoration of my face and all sensations.  There’s a ‘wow’ to how bad things got, yet left no ill effects.  It reminds me, “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you.”  (Isaiah 43:2 AMP)  Also in the story of the 3 Hebrews thrown into the furnace, it is said, “—that the fire had no power upon their bodies, nor was the hair of their head singed; neither were their garments scorched or changed in color or condition, nor had even the smell of smoke clung to them.” (Daniel 3:27 AMP)   People who have met me in the years since have no idea anything like this has happened to me.  If I do share the events of this time, the response is always amazement.                                                                                                                                   So please, whatever circumstance you may walk through, keep your eyes ahead looking for God’s provision. Keep your mouth focused on praise and truth. Look up and see the miracle of your deliverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment